Tuesday, February 2, 2021

New Egg Layer

 Busy Day

    Yesterday was pretty busy.  One of my chickens laid her first egg, I worked on a Marine Corps flag for a customer and I worked on an over size Oak TV table.  


    My first group of chickens have been laying for a while.  I got a second batch about six weeks later and three more chickens about four weeks later still.  The youngest chickens are Polish chickens that have a bunch of feathers on their head that stands up.  I caught one on the nest right after she laid an egg a few days ago.  Yesterday I got an egg I am sure came from the second batch of chickens.  The second batch is Olive Eggers and they lay green eggs.  I found a very tiny (for a chicken) green egg.  Typically the first egg is small, this is the smallest one I ever saw.  It is about the size of a ping pong ball.

In The Shop

In shop working on my over size Oak TV table.  I rounded over all the corners and sanded it down. Then I started applying polyurethane finish.  I got two coats on the legs and bottom of the table top.  I am letting them dry over night.  Same for the Marine Corps flag two coats on the back and let it dry over night.


TV Table and legs all Oak.


No comments:

Post a Comment