Thursday, February 4, 2021

Military Plaques and TV Tables

Greetings

Yesterday was bitterly cold (for Louisiana).  The bird bath was frozen solid and there was frost on the ground.  I had a guy wanting to buy one of my Military Plaques.  The price of $60 is clearly displayed on the ad and it is a discounted price for anyone that wants to support the Military by displaying a plaque.  He went into a dialog telling me that once his friends see the plaque I would get dozens of orders and I should give him a huge discount for selling so many plaques.  I explained that the plaques are tedious to make and I make them for enjoyment.  I am happy to sell them to cover my material costs.  I doubt I would sell any if I tacked on my time to the price as well.  Also I just want to keep busy, I don't need the pressure of filling dozens of orders on a time crunch.   The customer was not a Marine.  I just display the Marine plaque because it is my favorite one to make.




In the Shop

I completed the TV Table I was building.  Solid Oak and very heavy.  The table top is a bit larger than a standard table and a bit taller.  It feels a bit wobbly and I may put in some bracing to stiffen it up a little.


I love the spalled wood in the legs.  Makes for very interesting patterns.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment