Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Seneca Falls Star Lathe

 Greetings

    Yesterday was Ground Hog Day.  I typically don't follow the predictions of the Ground Hog since Louisiana doesn't follow any rules related to weather except that it constantly changes.  This morning there is frost on everything, the bird baths are frozen over.  It doesn't stop the birds from having fun.  Later today I could probably change into shorts and a tee shirt.  

In the Shop

    My brother-in-law has a sewing machine capable of sewing leather.  Just so happens I need a leather belt for my Machinist Lathe.  It is a Seneca Falls Star lathe made in the early 1900s.   It is over 100 years old.  It still runs now that I have a new belt for it.  Before the Safety Nerds all get in an uproar, yes it needs belt guards.  I am working on that.  The belt has a bump in it.  On the next belt I'll see if we can eliminate that feature.  It is noisy and the lathe needs a good cleaning and some restoration. 






No comments:

Post a Comment