Saturday, January 30, 2021

Introduction

GREETINGS    

Greetings Internet, my name is Gary, also known as Skully.  I am a Maker one of those people that loves to go out into my shed and build things.  I build things out of wood or metal or both.  I started this activity as a way to unwind from the stresses of work.  I have worked for a living at a variety of jobs, I fried chicken for one of the major chicken fast food restaurants back when they only had 3 stores.  I made pizzas for another place and made deliveries.  

    I was trained as an electrician and instrumentation mechanic.  Because of my work with instruments and computer controls I found my way in learning about computers and programming.  I discovered that I enjoyed working in an office environment much better than climbing around in pipe alleys and working outside in the heat and rain.  I was asked to manage records and documents for projects and I loved it.  I continued this line of work up until my retirement almost four years ago.  

    I have a YouTube channel, Instagram and Facebook pages so you can see me there.  This BLOG is a way for me to share my thoughts, feeling and projects for people that don't use those forms of social media.

IN THE SHOP

    In the shop today I was kind of hanging out waiting for a potential customer to visit so I can demonstrate my work to him.  I worked on an over size TV table, a flag I am carving and a plaque.  One of my ongoing projects is building some dust collection and storage cabinet for my lathe.  I did an inventory of my "exotic" wood for turning.  I have three pieces of Purple Heart, four pieces of Curly Maple, four pieces of Olive Wood, on piece of Padauk, one piece of Bocote, one piece of Osage Orange, and a piece of Mexican Ebony known as Katalox,



Thanks for your time, stay safe and visit often.

No comments:

Post a Comment