Thursday, July 9, 2015

I am finally back again.

I can’t believe it has been over a year since I wrote anything in this blog.  I need to commit to doing a better job of maintaining this record.

A great deal has happened but I haven’t posted anything.  A short list:
Last year I had eye surgery 3 times.  The first was for a detached retina and I suspect I did it to myself.

I re-acquired my 1900 model Seneca Falls STAR Screw Cutting Lathe for turning metal parts.  It works but needs some repairs and cleaning.  I also acquired all of the parts to make repairs.  The lathe is driven by leather belts, so I purchased leather to make new drive belts.   I also purchases parts to allow me to turn wood parts on the lathe by using proper tail stock for wood and the bits for the holding the wood on the headstock.  I also picked up a set of chisels for turning wood. 

My shop now has some new tools for woodworking.  A table saw, 14” band saw and a sliding miter saw.  I also picked up a very old Craftsman table saw and a radial arm saw.   The radial arm saw will likely go outside into a shipping container and I will use it for special projects.  The old table saw is in limbo as I am not sure what to do with it right now.

I started a special trailer project to carry our luggage and supplies for traveling.  I call it the “Covered Wagon”.  Using EMT conduit I bent a hoop frame to convert a landscaping trailer into a fully enclosed trailer to protect our suitcases and Linda’s scooter from the weather.  We used the trailer on a trip to Disney in Florida and then another trip to Blue Ridge, Georgia.  We quickly discovered that we need a better cover than a tarp. 

This year I covered the trailer with corrugated metal.  We made a successful trip to California, through Texas, New Mexico and Arizona we returned through Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and returned through Texas.   As usual we stopped at various National Parks, Death Valley, Zion Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon North Rim and finally Carlsbad Caverns.

Finally I successfully found someone to create a logo for Skully Wood and Metal.



I promise to do better and create more posts in the future.

For project updates visit and Like my Facebook Page and for videos checkout and subscribe to my You Tube Channel.

Thanks,
Gary

Facebook:

You Tube:

No comments:

Post a Comment