Saturday, May 17, 2014

Shop Work Bench Part 1

This week I am building a 4 x 8 rolling work bench for the shop.  I want a bench this size to allow me to work on any project from any side of the bench.

I want to be able to work on Linda's scooter, a Volkswagen engine, a lawn mower or build a piece of furniture.  This bench will have room and strength to support a VW chassis.



This is the frame, 4 x 4 support posts.  I used 2 x 4 lumber to frame the bottom shelf.  The top is framed with 2 x 6 lumber.  It rolls on 6 casters.  Four of the casters are lockable to keep the bench from rolling.  I doubt if this is the final configuration of the casters, I am not happy with how they are mounted.



I framed the lower shelf with 2 x 4 lumber to support the 1/2" plywood shelf.


Plywood shelving installed.  Not nailed down yet, I may add some features.


It isn't complete I want to build the top and add more features. 

No comments:

Post a Comment