Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Cat Defender

My lovely cats have chosen an area right next to the back door to deposit their litter.  They have a huge fenced yard to roam around in but they pick that one spot.  I decided to make the spot an unpleasant place to visit.

I took a used cat litter bucket, a Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR), an ARDUINO micro processor, an LED clearance light, a wind shield washer pump and a 5 volt relay to construct my device.  When ever the cat approaches the area I am defending the PIR sensor picks up the cat's body heat.  The program in the ARDUINO activates the LED light and the pump.  Noise, the yellow light and a fine spray of water deter the cat from going any further.


It works just as well on the cats as it does on my big feet.







No comments:

Post a Comment